Business Case for Clean Water featuring Sen. Ben Cardin (D-MD) and Rep. Bobby Scott (D-VA)
Clean water is an essential ingredient for life and plays a significant role in our economy. A majority of business leaders understand that smart, science-based regulations, and enforcement for wetlands, rivers, streams, and public lakes help spur economic growth. Today, 70% of small business owners agree that clean water protections drive increased profit margins, create jobs, and provide a suite of economic benefits.
Yet our access to clean water is threatened by an assault on the Clean Water Act. You may recall that the previous administration implemented the Navigable Waters Protection Rule —removing vital protections for countless wetlands and waterways. If you are looking to learn more about what you can do to protect our water supplies, you won’t want to miss this free event. Hear firsthand from leaders who are building a clean water future for all.
Our moderator for this event will be Colton Fagundes, Senior Policy Manager at ASBC. He will be joined by a cross-sector panel of managers and owners with firsthand knowledge and experiences about how the value of clean water shapes their businesses. Speakers include:
- Ben Cardin, U.S. Senator (D-MD)
- Bobby Scott, U.S. Representative (D-VA)
- Jon Devine, Federal Policy Director, NRDC
- Avi Garbow, Environmental Advocate, Patagonia
- Dominique Luckenhoff, Senior Vice President of Corporate Affairs and Sustainability, Hugo Neu – Kearny Point
- Rick Baumann, Company Founder and Owner, Murrells Inlet Seafood
- Ryan Bethea, Owner, Oysters Carolina