Remaking & Revitalizing the Economy Conference
A virtual convening for business leaders,
impact investors, policy makers, and more
December 1 – 4, 2020
Remaking & Revitalizing the Economy Conference kicks off the new alliance between American Sustainable Business Council (ASBC) and Social Venture Circle (SVC) — an alliance that combines the leverage of leading socially responsible business leaders, entrepreneurs, impact investors, policy makers and other thoughtful contributors to America’s recovery and resurgence. And not a minute too soon!
The pandemic has made our long-neglected problems too obvious to ignore. There’s a new opportunity to build an equitable, sustainable stakeholder economy that works for all. The conference will explore a range of strategies across issue lines as we chart a new path forward.
So let’s catalyze change and make environmental stewardship and economic justice top priorities at federal, state and local levels: Register now to join us in high-stakes discussions Dec. 1-4! For example, on Dec. 3, we’ll explore:
- 11am-11:40 AM: The Elections and Beyond with Mike Lux, Co-founder of Democracy Partners, CEO Mike Lux Media
- 11:45 AM -12:45 PM: Creating an Economic System That Works for All with Joel Bakan, University of British Columbia Professor of Law/author and filmmaker, The New Corporation); Rebecca Henderson, John and Natty McArthur University Professor, Harvard University; and Jeffrey Hollender, ASBC Co-founder/Board Chair & CEO)
- 1:30-2:30 pm: Small Group Breakouts: ASBC Policy Working Groups
- Climate & Energy with Claudine Schneider, Former U.S. Congresswoman, entrepreneur & climate consultant; Nancy Hirshberg, Climate Collaborative Co-Founder & Chief Catalyst, Hirshberg Strategic; Michael Green, Climate XChange
- Circular Economy with Thomas Oppel, Executive Vice President, ASBC
- Race & Equity with Maya Rockeymoore Cummings, Ph.D., Global Policy Solutions; Donna Daniels, Ph.D., RSF Social Finance; Ed Dugger III, Reinventure Capital; Dave Rapaport, Ben & Jerry’s; Andy Shallal Busboys and Poets; and MaryAnne Howland, Ibis Communications and Global Diversity Leadership Exchange
- Safer Chemicals with Kelly Vlahakis-Hanks, Earth Friendly Products; Marcia Frieze, Case Medical, Inc.; Barry Cik, Naturepedic; Alexandra McPherson Environmental Health Network; and David Levine, President & Co-founder, ASBC
- Regenerative Agriculture with Mary McCarthy, Principal Strategist, Forum For the Future; Judith McGeary, Executive Director, Farm and Ranch Freedom Alliance; Wizipan Little Elk, CEO, Rosebud Economic Development Corporation; Colton Fagundes, ASBC