Opportunities with ASBC
The American Sustainable Business Council (ASBC), a Washington, D.C.-based national policy and advocacy organization working with leading companies to build a sustainable economy. Now more than ever, sustainable companies are leading the way in addressing social, environmental, and economic issues beyond their own operations.
Positions at ASBC are an opportunity to help shape a more sustainable future by harnessing and amplifying the voice of business.
The American Sustainable Business Council (ASBC) is seeking a highly motivated, articulate, and politically astute person to work with us on our policy campaigns. ASBC is a Washington, D.C.-based national policy and advocacy organization working with leading companies to build a sustainable economy. Now more than ever, sustainable companies are leading the way in addressing social, environmental, and economic issues beyond their own operations. This position is an opportunity to help shape a more sustainable future by harnessing and amplifying the voice of business.
Reporting to the Executive Vice President, the individual will help manage ASBC campaigns on a range of issues, including designing and implementing campaigns to advance legislation at the federal and state levels.
Functions and responsibilities of this position include:
- Educating, engaging, and maintaining relationships with ASBC member businesses and organizations.
- Initiating and managing regular contact with Capitol Hill, federal agencies, and partner coalitions.
- Preparing issue briefs, policy analyses, and communications materials.
- Developing online campaign materials and action alerts.
- Working with the ASBC staff to identify opportunities and craft strategic vision.
- Assisting with event management/planning.
- Representing ASBC at events organized by our partners.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; master’s degree preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and other Microsoft programs.
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Positive, forward-thinking, and organized.
- Ability to work well under time constraints.
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities, multitask, and address time-sensitive projects in a professional and responsible manner.
- Team player and collaborative in nature.
- Self-motivated and creative problem solver.
- An interest in public policy as it pertains to sustainability initiatives.
- It is the policy of the American Sustainable Business Council to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.
Compensation and Benefits:
- $2400 with medical benefits, option of a 401k, all federal holidays plus one week of vacation to start.
- Send your resume and a cover letter explaining your interest and qualifications to email@example.com.
- We are looking to fill this job as soon as possible and will be reviewing resumes on a rolling basis.