Diversity & Inclusion Working Group
ASBC’s Diversity and Inclusion Working Group was created to ensure that the perspectives, voices and values of a multicultural America are reflected in ASBC’s policy work. It collaborates with ASBC’s policy team to gather support on issues that have a disparate impact on minority communities. For minority-owned businesses and representatives of organizations that serve communities of color, issues such as access to capital, income inequality, criminal justice reform, economic development opportunities, renewable energy and responsible workplace are high priorities.
The Diversity and Inclusion Working Group will:
- work on these and other important issues to help level the playing field, define policy where there is none, and back those initiatives that help improve the economic health and well-being of traditionally marginalized sectors of society;
- actively recruit minority-owned businesses;
- advocate for policies that foster a fair and just economy;
- develop op-eds and provide spokespersons to the media and policymakers.
The Diversity and Inclusion Working Group holds a quarterly conference call/meeting to surface ideas, issues and strategies for moving forward an agenda that serves the growth needs of minority-owned businesses and healthy communities. When necessary, it will also convene subgroups to tackle specific issues. Read the ASBC Principles for an Inclusive & Sustainable Economy document for more information.
- American Businesses Against the Immigration Ban
- Inclusive Economy
To become involved, please contact Valerie Forbai, ASBC Associate Director of Membership Engagement.