Save Our Economy Now!
It is time to stand up for our local businesses. Businesses and business organizations please sign on to show that you stand with us – and send a message to Congress. Our plan involves five key steps that we believe are necessary to help small and mid-sized local and independent businesses (including farms and fishermen) in all communities across the United States to survive this crisis.
Five Steps to Keep American Business Alive:
- Provide federal assistance to small and mid-size businesses to cover expanded paid leave at 100%, and 100% of their employees’ health insurance.
- Maximize unemployment benefits through federal government assistance so that laid-off employees can pay their bills.
- Restructure and/or defer bank debt and deliver adequate cash into the hands of small and mid-size businesses to cover lost revenue from the shutdown or turndown of business.
- Pay insurance companies to cover standard `business interruption insurance’ for the pandemic.
- Institute a moratorium on evictions, foreclosures, utility shut-offs, and auto/equipment repossessions .