ASBC’s Sustainable Leaders Award
Each year at its national Sustainable Business & Advocacy Summit, ASBC presents the Sustainable Leaders Award to a combination of members of Congress, Administration official, ASBC members and/or a journalist. The Award recognizes foresight and commitment shown by public and private sector leaders in championing public policies that help build a more just, inclusive and sustainable economy.
Criteria for the Award
- Championed innovative ideas through the policy process at federal and/or state level
- Spoken out consistently in the media on sustainable economy issues
- Helped to galvanize key stakeholders on behalf of a policy issue
- Invested personal and/or organizational resources in moving a policy agenda forward
- Pioneered new products that have improved public health or enhanced sustainability
Past Award Winners
Since 2014, awards have been presented to EPA Administrator Gina McCarthy, Department of Labor Secretary Tom Perez, U.S. Senators Kirsten Gillibrand, Jeanne Shaheen, Sheldon Whitehouse, Jeff Merkley, Angus King and Chris Coons, U.S. Representatives Elijah Cummings, Keith Ellison, Chris Gibson and Rosa DeLauro, White House Deputy Assistant to the President for Energy and Climate Change, Dan Utech. ASBC members and allies include New Belgium Brewing, ECOs, Naturepedic, the South Carolina Small Business Chamber of Commerce and Jerry Taylor of the Niskanen Center.