Preserve the Safer Choice Program
Dear EPA Administrator:
We, the undersigned companies and trade associations urge you to support the U.S. EPA Safer Choice program.
The Safer Choice program helps businesses and consumers in many ways:
- It allows companies that make safer products to tell their story to the public and benefit from rising consumer demand for these products.
- The Safer Choice logo helps businesses, procurement officers, and consumers find products that perform well and are safer for human health and the environment.
- It is strictly voluntary, and no company is required to incur any expense to comply with it.
- It avoids a patchwork quilt of programs managed by retailers and non-governmental organizations (NGOs), or local governments
- it products confidential business information while also protecting the public’s right to know
- It costs companies less than most private certificate programs
The businesses below all support the EPA Safer Choice program. They have made the investment to place the Safer Choice logo on their product labels, or they produce and sell ingredients on the Safer Choice Program’s Safer Chemical Ingredient List (SCIL), or they are retailers who feature Safer Choice products. All believe that the Safer Choice program is simply good business.
Very truly yours,